Commercial Funding Inc. is hiring a Factoring/ABL Underwriter in Salt Lake City, UT.
We are seeking a highly skilled individual to join our team. The Factoring/ABL Underwriter will be responsible for the preparation or underwriting memorandums including the collection, assembly, organization of all supporting materials related to and requisite to the underwriting process.
- Perform credit analysis of AR agings, financial statements, and other information to determine eligibility of factoring or ABL transactions within CFI’s credit parameters
- Communicate directly with prospects and internally with the sales and account management teams
- Perform and review UCC, Tax Guard, Experian, D&B, and other credit searches
- Prepare credit approval memos and present transactions to credit committee
- Create documentation for approved transactions
- Coordinate an efficient transition from underwriting to the account management team
- Use judgment and arrive at an underwriting conclusion based on available information
- Engage 3rd party collateral exam firms to perform collateral testing when necessary
- Provide daily updates to the prospect and internally on underwriting transactions
- Ability to prioritize work but still meet required deadlines
- Understanding of accounts receivable financing including financial analysis, AR lending eligibility, UCC priority, and loan documentation
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills
- Experience in maintaining a positive working relationship with clients while managing the credit risk of the organization
- An ability to spread and understand financial statements
- A self-starter that will get tasks done timely and look for additional ways to mitigate risks and streamline underwriting processes
- Desire to learn on the job and increase your credit evaluation skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, finance, economics, or accounting or commensurate amount of applicable work experience
- 3+ years’ experience of underwriting commercial loans or as a commercial relationship manager
- Experience underwriting factoring and/or asset-based loans transactions is a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
For immediate consideration, send your resume to email@example.com.