Commercial Funding Inc. is hiring a Commercial Underwriter in Salt Lake City, UT.
We are seeking a highly skilled individual to join our team. The Commercial Underwriter will be responsible for the preparation or underwriting memorandums including the collection, assembly, organization of all supporting materials related to and requisite to the underwriting process.
- Perform credit analysis of AR agings, financial statements, and other information to determine eligibility of factoring or ABL transactions within CFI’s credit parameters
- Communicate directly with prospects and internally with the sales and account management teams
- Perform and review UCC, Tax Guard, Experian, D&B, and other credit searches
- Prepare credit approval memos and present transactions to credit committee
- Create documentation for approved transactions
- Coordinate an efficient transition from underwriting to the account management team
- Use judgment and arrive at an underwriting conclusion based on available information
- Engage 3rd party collateral exam firms to perform collateral testing when necessary
- Provide daily updates to the prospect and internally on underwriting transactions
- Ability to prioritize work but still meet required deadlines
- Understanding of accounts receivable financing including financial analysis, AR lending eligibility, UCC priority, and loan documentation
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills
- Experience in maintaining a positive working relationship with clients while managing the credit risk of the organization
- An ability to spread and understand financial statements
- A self-starter that will get tasks done timely and look for additional ways to mitigate risks and streamline underwriting processes
- Desire to learn on the job and increase your credit evaluation skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, finance, economics, or accounting or commensurate amount of applicable work experience
- 3+ years’ experience of underwriting commercial loans or as a commercial relationship manager
- Experience underwriting factoring and/or asset-based loans transactions is a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.